New Lifestyle Category
Hopefully everyone has picked up on the new Lifestyle Category for the Whole Life Challenge, but if not, here's a little clarification. Starting Saturday March 2, the Lifestyle Category changed - and instead of water, it is now dedicated to getting SLEEP. Every night, through Saturday March 16, you will need to get at least SEVEN (7) hours of sleep each day to earn your daily Lifestyle point.
Rules for Sleep
- The 7 hours of sleep do not have to be consecutive to meet the requirement. Just accumulate 7 hours (broken up however you want) within the 24 hour day.
- “Sleep” starts when you turn off the lights and close your eyes. Being in bed is not enough. No TV, phones, computers, or conversation.
- You'll be entering "YES/NO" based on the number of hours of sleep you get every day/night. ("YES" for 7+ hours, "NO" if less than 7 hours)
More than 28 percent of adults in the U.S. report that they get less than six hours of sleep a night. Let's change that! Why, you ask...
The following are short-term consequences associated with sleep deprivation:
- Significant reductions in performance and alertness.
- Impaired memory and cognitive ability—your ability to think breaks down!
- Fat gain! Not only does your metabolism slow when you get too little sleep, your hormones get out of whack. We’re not in the challenge to get fat, guys!
Use these next two weeks as an excuse to get to bed early and enjoy your sleep! We know we will!