Coconut Chocolate Cake
Want to learn more about the benefits of coconut? Visit the Coconut Research Center online! "Modern medical science is now confirming the use of coconut in treating many conditions. Published studies in medical journals show that coconut, in one form or another, may provide a wide range of health benefits." The list is long and surprising!
Log onto this new site from Paleo Plan and register to ask our local restaurants for Paleo options when we eat out! We Want Paleo!
In honor of all mothers and mothers-to-be, a Paleo chocolate cake recipe from Civilized Caveman Cooking just in time for Sunday...Happy Mother's Day Ladies!
Coconut Chocolate Cake:
- 1 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 Slivered Almonds
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- Coconut Oil for grease
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees Farenheit
- Melt your chocolate and coconut milk in a small sauce pan over low heat
- Once the chocolate is melted, transfer to a mixing bowl or your stand mixer
- Add in your eggs and mix well
- Now add in your almond flour, shredded coconut, salt, and baking powder and mix well
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil
- Transfer your batter to your baking dish and sprinkle with your slivered almonds and some coconut if you would like
- Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick in the center of the cake comes out clean